Thursday, 16 October 2014

Where is my mind?

Hi lovelies! I have an outfit post for you today, but before that I want to address a few things. 
I've been really busy these last couple of weeks doing all sorts of things. But mostly my time has been and will continue to be dedicated to drama. As most of you know, that is something I'm really passionate about. If you hear me talking about it in person, you can see that I light up like a Christmas tree. I may not be the best, but it a huge stress reliever and it keeps my creativity alive (which is sometimes hard in a tight school schedule). And I know, I'm 100% sure, that this year will be amazing. I think even that sentence makes it amazing, because I don't think I've ever said that before. And it's not because this year is something special (well it is in a way), but it's because I realized every year is. Once I allowed myself to believe good things were going to happen, they did. Opportunities I could ever only dream of just started popping up. And I realized I'm thinking less and less about all the things that could go wrong and instead believing that everything will serve it's purpose in the end. I know this always sounds good in theory, but it's hard to apply it to your own day to day experiences. It's hard to get to the point where you really trust the universe, trust that the future will bring you what you need, even though it might not be what you want at the moment. I think we're too oblivious to the power of our minds. What goes on in your mind, the way you perceive yourself and others... That is what makes the bed you sleep in. You are your world and everything in it is really just up to the way you decide to look at it. If you look at something from a different point of view it's still the same thing, but your perception of it is different. Are you starting to gather what I'm getting at? The circumstances of your life won't change, but by having a positive outlook on things you will start to see a whole new dimension to your life that you never thought possible. Explore new things that you didn't dare before, because you can. You can do it, you can succeed. Just believe. 
Okay this turned out a bit longer than I intended, but that's okay. I think it's something we all know and understand on some level or another, but we don't practice it enough. 

Okay, now on to the outfit! The idea for this look came to me when I was thinking of ways to wear this top in the winter time, when it'll be too cold to wear it on it's own. I put my brother's shirt under it and than styled the whole look around that. Since the top part looks really serious and academic, I decided to have some fun on the bottom. My ripped boyfriend jeans, along with my Buffalo platforms, did the trick!








I'm wearing: 
white shirt - my brother's
green leather top - Zara
boyfriend jeans - Topshop
platforms - Buffalo

Thank you all for reading and I'll be back next week! Have a great week and don't forget to look at the bright side of things. 

Love you guys! xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin
© 2013 INGRID HROVAT, AllRightsReserved.. Powered by Blogger.